Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Grammys 2013

GRAMMYs 2013 Fashion 

I'll keep this one real short and sweet as I don't really view the Grammys as a formal black tie event, but more of an artistic expression for musicians so it is more difficult to rate and there tends to be much more costume-y wear. 


Hands down the best dressed belles of the ball were Kelly Rowland and Rihanna. Kelly has really amped up the sex appeal the past few years and made me forget she was ever upstaged by Beyonce. Rihanna worked the sweet angle to juxtapose her bad girl image, the hair was perfect, and she just beamed. 


My next category is 'Best dressed relatively less heard of UK stars' and the winners are Estelle with her fun print and Natasha Bedingfield with her little red number.  They both played it a little safe, but I do like their choices, though when you haven't had a hit or much exposure in a while sometimes people opt to just go onto the worst dressed list for any kind of press... ahem, Ashanti. But like I said, I appreciate that these two stayed stylish and I am giving them props for that. 



Ok I am trying my best to not be biased, and so in my well dressed category Taylor Swift does make the cut.  I like the grecian gown, it's very flattering on her,  and the hair is just ok, I think it could've been a little more stunning by going bigger with the braid or overall style. Florence Welch creates interest with her emerald ensemble. I love the color choice on her skin tone and the reflection of the fabric. The only thing that keeps it from begin a total standout are the stud-esque pop-ups on it, they're just distracting and her makeup wasn't noteworthy.  


'Neither here nor there' category includes Kimbra and Beyonce.  I liked that Kimbra went for a ethereal meets showgirl look, but her choice would've been better without the tulle on the arms.  Beyonce is just boring in her black and white duds and pantsuit.  A simple ponytail, the makeup is great, but she's already gorgeous and come to think of it, I don't think Beyonce has been a standout on the red carpet in a long time, if ever?  With all her resources I just expect more from her. 


Sadly, on my worst dressed are two artists I do enjoy.  Katy Perry looks awful in this sea foam green with the cutout, it makes her cleavage look terrible and adds width to her frame.  The hair doesn't help, it looks fake and lifeless. She usually has more zeal when it comes to this event.  Adele looks like Mary Poppins the schoolmarm, it's unflattering and that print! Its way too busy and just overwhelms her.  She usually looks great and its too bad I had to put her in this category.  


Ok so Justin Timberlake wears Tom Ford again, and again I don't like it! I love Tom Ford but his selection piled with the hair just doesn't look right on him.  The tie looks droopy, I hate the shoes and Justin, being the fashion icon he has become, has me questioning his stylist.  Jennifer Lopez on the other hand makes up for her Golden Globes debacle and keeps it simple but strong.  Love the hair, love the shoes, she looks tough but super feminine. She definitely drank the potion from 'Death Becomes Her' !
Thanks for taking the time and reading another installment of my fashion blog, come back in two weeks for the OSCARS!  






No comments:

Post a Comment